Jeff Windham is an attorney and certified fraud examiner who specializes in fraud examinations, litigation consulting and economic damage analysis. During his many years as an attorney, he gained experience with a plethora of industries including real estate, banking and finance, securities and investments, construction, automotive, technology, insurance, utilities, health care, restaurants, transportation and non-profits. His acute understanding has led him to serve as an expert witness in accountant liability and other matters. Â His work has served as the basis for many case-winning positions. Mr. WindhamÂ is also very civic minded and was honored as one of Birminghamâ€™s Top 40 Under 40 for 2012 by the Birmingham Business Journal.
- Fraud examination
- Litigation consulting
- Legal analysis
- Economic damages
- Professional liability analysis
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Windham earned his undergraduate degree in business and accounting from Samford University and his Master of Accountancy and Juris Doctor degreesÂ from the University of Alabama.Â At Samford, he was selected for the Institute of Management Accountants Scholarship for the most outstanding accounting student.Â During law school, he served as a member of the Alabama Law Review and since then, he has provided numerous training courses and written articles on both legal and business topics.
- Member, Alabama State Bar
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
- Member, Farrah Law Society Alumni
- Member, Samford University Business Network
- Member, Culverhouse School of Accountancy Executive Alumni Society
Civic & Community Engagement
- United Way of Central Alabama Funds Allocation Team Volunteer
- Member, Birmingham Volunteer Lawyerâ€™s Program
- Board of Directors Vice President, Brother Bryan Mission
- Summit Club Membership Committee 2011
- National Multiple Sclerosis Leadership Class 2011; Advisory Committee 2012
- Juris Doctor, University of Alabama, 2003
- Master of Accountancy, University of Alabama, 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Samford University, 1999
Representative Seminars and Lectures
- Legal Issues in Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting, Alabama ACFE Continuing Education Speaker, Summer 2012.
- Forensic Accounting Case Studies, Birmingham ACFE Chapter Speaker, Summer 2012.
- Fraud and Forensic Accounting, Guest Lecturer, University of Alabama Culverhouse School of Accountancy, Tuscaloosa, AL, January 2009-10, 2013; Samford University 2012, University of Alabama at Birmingham 2012.
- Bankruptcy Basics CLE Seminar Faculty member, Birmingham, AL, September 2008.