Jeffrey H. Lewis is the director of investigative financial consulting for Forensic Strategic Solutions, LLC. Mr. Lewis has more than two decades of experience in a broad range of forensic services, including forensic accounting, commercial and economic damages, fraud investigation, business valuation, and financial statement auditing. He has managed complex litigation consulting engagements and investigations for notable clients in numerous industries including healthcare, insurance, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, and financial services.
Mr. Lewis has served as an expert witness and has testified in cases involving commercial damages, fraud, business valuation, and family law matters. He has experience providing forensic investigation services to clients involved in complex fraud investigations, criminal investigations, expense reimbursement schemes and defective pricing matters. Mr. Lewis has substantial expertise in economic damages cases, conducting financial analyses and preparing expert reports for a variety of matters involving breach of contract, lost profits claims, wrongful termination, mitigation analysis, shareholder and partner disputes, earnings capacity, and wrongful death. He has deep due diligence experience, particularly in examinations and agreed upon procedures related to contract compliance testing and analysis.
In prior positions, Mr. Lewis served in director and managing director roles with national accounting and litigation consulting firms. He spent several years in the dispute analysis and investigations practice of a Big Four firm where he most notably provided economic loss calculations and fraud prevention services for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Maryland, 1995
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- CPA: Certified Public Accountant, 1997
- CFE: Certified Fraud Examiner, 2004
- CFF: Certified in Financial Forensics, 2008
- CVA: Certified Valuation Analyst, 2009
- ABV: Accredited in Business Valuation, 2011
- MAFF: Master Analyst in Financial Forensics, 2014
- Business valuation
- Consultant and expert witness
- Economic damages
- Forensic and investigative accounting
- Fraud examination
- Litigation consulting
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Seminars & Lectures
- Fraud & Forensics: What’s Past is Prologue, George Mason University Ninth Annual Tax and Accounting Conference, Fairfax, VA
- Occupational Fraud: Do Good People Commit Fraud? Law Firm Presentation, Washington, DC
- Financial Fraud Schemes, Law Firm Presentation, Washington, DC
- Business Valuation and Litigation Services, Law Firm Presentation, Washington, DC
- “Occupational Fraud – Your Company is at Risk.” Dixon Hughes Goodman Thought Leadership. April 2013.